So, after a long confabulation with my own mind regarding what should be in the first post, I came to decision that the smooth start with Potato curry would be an answer. Who doesn’t like potatoes? YOU? Obviously, not the long crowded line at the McDonald’s waiting for their Fries. Learn to make this delicious Potato Curry in simple & easy steps:
The ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe are:
• Clarified Butter – 55 grams.
• Ground Turmeric – 1/2 tsp.
• Potatoes – 700 grams. (peeled & cut into 2.5cm cubes)
• Garlic – 3 cloves (peeled & crushed)
• Green Chilies – 3 (finely chopped)
• Ground Fenugreek – 1 Tsp.
• Ground Coriander – 1 Tbsp.
• Salt – 1 Tsp.
• Plain Yoghurt – 500 ML (well-beaten)
• Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 Tbsp.
• In a large saucepan, heat butter over moderate heat. When butter is hot, add turmeric & potatoes and fry, turning potato cubes frequently for 10 minutes, or until lightly and evenly brown.
• Add garlic, chilies, fenugreek, coriander and salt, and fry, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Pour in yogurt and stir to mix. Bring mixture to the boiled. Reduce heat to moderately low and simmer potatoes, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with the point of a sharp knife.
• Remove pan from the heat. Transfer contents of pan to a serving dish, sprinkle coriander and serve immediately.
This tasty dish goes well with flat Indian bread or with boiled rice.